Signals & Overlays™ is the most popular toolkit provided by LuxAlgo which contains a variety of signal modes, indicator overlays, and advanced dynamic features to help users make improved decisions when trading.
This toolkit is great for beginners & serious traders alike who want the most powerful signals & dynamic features possible for their charts.
Provided below are pages describing all features included.
Most features included within the Signals & Overlays™ toolkit include built-in alerts.
Users can also utilize the “any alert() function call” conditions at the bottom of the settings to be alerted for multiple conditions at once. Further, the Signals & Overlays™ toolkit allows users to set extremely complex alerts with its “Custom Alert Creator” feature at the bottom of the settings menu.
Signals & Overlays™ has various settings affecting the appearance and behavior of the toolkit, most of which are specific to the feature they affect and will be described on their corresponding pages.
The settings menu is large & comprehensive, however, we showcase the simplicity of how these all can be used in the following sections:
Presets / Filters
Presets/Filters is simple dropdown menu at the top of the settings for the Signals & Overlays™ toolkit that allows users to easily enable multiple features at once for an ease of use.
Presets allow users to display multiple features within the toolkit that best fit the selected user trading style, these include:
- Trend Trader (Confirmation Signals, Smart Trail, Trend Catcher)
- Scalper (Confirmation signals, Confirmation gradient coloring, reversal zones, take profit/stop losses)
- Swing Trader (Confirmation signals, Long-Term Frequency Autopilot, simple confirmation candle coloring, Neo Cloud)
- Contrarian Trader (Contrarian Signals, Mid-Term Frequency Autopilot, Contrarian candle coloring, Reversal Zones)
Note that when a preset is selected some settings such as the toggles of the displayed overlay indicators can become inactive/not useable. If you wish to further customize the Signals & Overlays™ toolkit, we suggest disabling the Preset and manually customizing the settings.
On the other end, Filters allow users to display certain signals when a specific overlay or metric behavior is also respected, these filters include:
- Smart Trail Filter (Show bullish signals when price is above the smart trail, and bearish signals when price is under the smart trail)
- Neo Cloud Filter (Show bullish signals above Neo cloud, and bearish signals under Neo Cloud)
- Trend Tracer Filter (Show bullish signals when Trend Tracer is indicating an up-trend, and bearish signals when Trend Tracer is indicating a down-trend)
- Trend Catcher Filter (Show bullish signals when Trend Catcher is indicating an up-trend, and bearish signals when Trend Catcher is indicating a down-trend)
- Trend Strength Filter (Show bullish/bearish signals when the Trend strength is above 50%)
These can be useful for specific desires of a trader to find more confluent signals on their chart.
Controls the type of signal generation algorithm to use, available options include:
- Confirmation + Exits
- Contrarian + Exits
More information on the following page:
Signal settings allow users to adjust the signals returned by the Confirmation & Contrarian algorithms within the Signals & Overlays™ toolkit. See the following page for more information:
To open the settings menu, place your mouse pointer over the indicator title on your chart, you will then see a list of icons appear, and click on the gear ⚙️ icon.
You can also open the settings panel by double-clicking any element displayed by the toolkit such as the signals, overlays, or the dashboard itself.
Signals & Overlays™ groups 5 cutting edge features together as options within the settings that allow you to further detect trends & find dynamic areas of support and resistances. These are best used in confluence with signals.
It is possible to change the visual aspect of any element displayed by the indicator such as the colors, line width, signal label shape/location…etc. In order to do it open the setting panel and click on style beside inputs.